Australia’s property boom is showing no signs of slowing down, with properties selling after as little as three weeks on the market.
When the market is good it feeds that urgency in number of ways and you tend to find fewer properties go to auction.
So it’s a great time to put your property on the market, no need for the perfect weather or the right month!
Here are some important tips to think about when getting ready for sale.
- Houses should be thoroughly cleaned and de-cluttered. Anything that detracts from a potential sale needs to be thrown out, put in storage or sold at the local auction rooms, market, and garage sale or on eBay. “Most houses are over-furnished
- It’s important to have the property looking smart from the outside because that’s what many buyers fall in love with.
- Vendors can consider a house wash with a high-pressure hose. The service costs about $500 and gets rid of cobwebs and dust and can freshen pavers.
- When it comes to marketing, photographs can be the most important element. “Many buyers will judge your property within five to 10 seconds of looking at the photos and if they’re not excited … then they simply won’t read on and they’ll go on to the next house.
- Pet smells can be a major turn-off for buyers. Not everyone is a dog or a cat person.
But before all this happens call a trusted specialist in the know, to help you go through the property see what needs to go and what you can do that may not require a lot of money.
There is no need doing major reno’s to increase your price, because 9 times out of 10 it won’t affect the selling price in a big way.
So if you’re interested in finding out what your property would sell for in this current boom, and would like tips to get ready for sale Cindy Beecken from Nieuvision Property works in a boutique agency offering many different services, and would be delighted to assist you.